Tuesday, April 5, 2011

1000 Blessings: Blessings 11-20

These are long overdue, but life has been so very busy lately!!! So, without further ado...

11) Rain and thunderstorms. It makes it hard to get ready this morning, as I don't like to shower during a storm, but we can really use the rain!!
12) My new office. While it's not all set up yet and some of my stuff is still in boxes, I think I'm really going to like having my own room rather than having to share!
13) Brief naps. I don't have much time now with Julie to nap in the mornings like I used to, but I really know the benefit of a quick 20 minute nap before getting ready...even if it does turn into an hour long snooze.
14) DVR. I love having my shows to watch when I actually have the time to watch them...and can skip the commercials!
15) A mother-in-law that's willing to watch her granddaughter during the day so that we don't have to put her in--and pay for--daycare.
16) A good new-ish friend who's willing to watch Julie when said mother-in-law is having a procedure done next week and can't watch Julie! (From our Sunday school class, so don't worry that I'm leaving her with someone I just met on the street.) :o)
17) Cherry tootsie rolls. Enough said. And also for the fact that I had a baggie of them that I forgot about and found in my computer bag the other day...
18) Pacifiers. Sometimes these are a lifesaver with Julie, when she has this really strong desire to suck on something but it's not really time for her to eat. Plus, these mean that I can sleep through the night more, because when she starts to stir, I can give her the pacifier back and she'll go back to sleep. Of course, we'll have to break her of them in the future, but I'll deal with that then.
19) My own treadmill. We had to store it at Jake's parents' house briefly while our sinkhole was being fixed, but now we have it back here, and I hope this means that I'm going to actually start exercising. I've got to do something.
20) Weekly weigh-ins at work. While sometimes these are frustrating and depressing, they are good to help keep me on track. While I was at home on maternity leave, I didn't really track my weight as good as I should have, so now hopefully I can get on track and lose the weight that I need to lose. Goal for 2011: the 30 lbs that I wanted to lose last year!! (Before I found out I was pregnant, of course.)

So there they are. I'll try to get back on track and start posting them regularly...

No comments:

Post a Comment