Tuesday, June 1, 2010

7 weeks, 1 day

Today I'm 7 weeks, 1 day pregnant. The doctor's office updated my due date last week after an ultrasound, so the new due date is 1/17/11. It'll be good for us, because it's a little farther from Christmas, which is what we wanted. I just want my baby to have a special birthday and not to get lost in the holiday shuffle. So far, other than an overall constant feeling of nausea, I'm feeling pretty good. I've figured out that I need to eat frequently to help stave off the nausea, but it kind of never goes away. Here's to hoping that gets better soon and doesn't last through the whole pregnancy.

We're trying to decide on baby names now. Originally, we had both boy and girl names picked out, but now we're thinking about changing them. Seems like every name we come up with has some association to someone else or something else. We'll have to get a baby name book because I can't seem to think of any more names. We'll figure it out eventually, though. I know we will. Or at least, we better. Ha ha!

Also, I want to start looking into information on breastfeeding versus bottle/formula feeding. Jake and I have gone back and forth on which we want to do. I know what you're going to say, breastfeeding all the way. But I want to look into the pros and cons of both and how they relate to our situation. Note to self, need to get info on that.

Oh, and I got to see our baby's heartbeat last week!! Looks really good. It's starting to get a little more real for me, but I think it won't set in until I start showing. Right now, I just know in my head that I'm pregnant. I'm excited to see the physical proof too!

1 comment:

  1. How did I not know about this site of yours?? Jared and I (and my fam) are so excited for you and Jake! As you can tell from my blogs, Karis brings us so much joy, so we can't wait for you to experience that. I hear ya on the whole name issue. We had already chosen a girl name before we were pregnant, then one of Jared's friends named their baby the exact same first and middle name without ever knowing we had picked that name out. Then there were the name associations we each had...oh dear. Can't wait for updates!

    ReplyDelete