I finally settled on the fact that I'm going to give breastfeeding a shot, at least while I'm off work. We'll see how it goes, but I know that there are so many health benefits for the baby, and weight loss benefits for Mommy! We'll probably supplement with formula as well, and maybe by the time I go back to work, we'll switch to formula exclusively. I don't know about all that yet.
We had our first baby shower for Julie this past weekend in Tennessee. Everyone had such a good time, and we got so many nice things! When I got back from the trip (Jake couldn't go with me because he didn't have vacation time at work), Jake and his dad had painted the nursery! It looks so adorable, and I can't wait to get all of her furniture and start to get everything all fixed up. Hopefully we can get the furniture in the next couple of weeks, and I can start putting away the gifts that we've already gotten.
The food table at the shower
Presents for Julie!
Julie's nurseryBook #24 for the year has been started!! I'm working hard to get to my goal of 30 books read in 2010, and I actually think I can make it. That is, if I read a lot over the next few weeks. I have seven books to complete, and 14 weeks to do it in. That gives me two weeks per book, which could be doable. I'd like to keep up that goal again next year, partly because I love to read, and partly because it's fun to feel like I'm actually accomplishing something!


A) I love James Patterson. I noticed he was what you were currently reading. I just finished "The Jester". I'd put off reading it b/c it's set in the middle ages, but of course (like all Patterson's books) it was good.
ReplyDelete2) My Julia (as opposed to your Julie) just saw the pictures of the cakes and said those looked "goooood"! I agree; cake is very yummy, especially when eaten to celebrate the coming of a little one.
D) How sweet of them to paint the baby room while you were out of town. No need for mommy to smell those fumes! Plus, it's one more thing off your "to do" list.