Friday, April 30, 2010

Two and a half weeks already??

I just realized that it's been two and a half weeks since I last posted. Where did the time go? I guess it went to work and work and oh, work. It's been really busy around here. We had a conference two weeks ago for Financial Aid and Bursars, and we did this skit from SNL (remember the Spartans?). It was a huge hit!! There was a contest (which I still say we should have won), but in the end, corporate decided that everyone was a winner.








Yeah, the guy in the picture is our campus VP. lol Everyone thought it was great that he got out there and cheered with us girls. So today, the corporate office is buying us lunch from Chili's. Part of our winnings.

Other than that, things are going well for us. Jake and I switched to a different church a few months ago (did I tell that on here before?), and it's been really good for us. The church we were going to before had no class for married couples our age, and wanted us to teach it if we wanted one started. We didn't like that, so we found another church that already has a class, and we've met some very nice people. In fact, one of the girls is hosting a girls' night out party tonight that I'm going to.

So, yeah, that's really all that's happening right now. I would write more, but I've got a lot to do today, and it's our last day of Spring Break, so it's the last day that we're here with no students. And while it's quiet, I want to get a lot accomplished.

Oh, and the brief 30/30 update, I'm at 9.5 books and 5.6 pounds. Not doing so great, but I haven't been trying very hard these last couple of weeks. I need to step it up. :o)

1 comment: