Friday, May 7, 2010

Goodbye, old friend...and Yahoo for school!

Today I am mourning the apparent death of my DVD player. After Jake left this morning, I came into the living room and noticed that it was flashing "C 13 00" instead of the regular timer or whatever. I turned on the TV and tried to figure out what was going on, and apparently it wouldn't read the DVD in it (which it was reading fine a couple of days ago). So I tried another DVD, and another, and another, and another. Nothing. It won't read any of them. So I guess it will have to be replaced. *sigh* Old friend, I will miss you. You have been a good DVD player to me for the last 10 or so years. You will be missed. You were my first DVD player and you accompanied me through college and beyond. Many memories we have created, but there shall be no more.

In other news, it's FRIDAY!! Yahoo! Yahoo for school! :o) Things at work are finally getting caught up, but I have a lot more to do today. It's my goal to get things completely caught up and figure out a system to stay that way. Sometimes I think that maybe I take on too many things and that's why I can't stay up on everything all the time. What I need to do is to let other people do their job and I need to do mine and not try to do everything myself. Somehow a lot of tasks at work find their way into my corner and they seem to get trapped there. But not to fear. Jeff didn't make me Senior Financial Aid Officer for nothing. Ashley and I are working on figuring out how to get everything done in a systematic way. We can do it!

The only downside to today is the weigh-in. Honestly, I haven't even been trying. I just haven't felt motivated to work out at all lately. But next week, I'm going to change that. I'm making a promise to myself that I'll get back on the treadmill, and I'm also going to try and work exercise into my day in other ways. Maybe taking a 5 minute break at work and going up and down the stairs or doing squats by my desk or something. Every little bit helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment