Monday, May 17, 2010

We're pregnant!!!

Yes, you read that right. We're going to have a little baby. I'm so excited!!! We just found out on May 8th, and told our parents on Mother's Day. It was a very special day for everyone, as would be expected. I called my mom and told her on the phone, and we told Jake's parents when we all went out to lunch. I'm due January 1, 2011, so as of right now, I'm 7 weeks along. So far, all I really feel is tired, but even that is abating somewhat. I haven't had any morning sickness yet, and I'm crossing my fingers that it'll stay that way as long as possible. I've never liked the idea of throwing up.

No preparations for baby just yet. Of course, it's still really early, and we don't want to do too much too early. Right now, the baby's room is set up as a scrapbooking room for me, so I'll have to figure out what I'm going to do with that once the baby gets here. Jake says box it up and put it in the garage. I'm trying to figure out a better way to keep it out where I can actually use it. Of course, the amount that I've scrapbooked since we got married has been small, but with a new little baby, there will be so many more memories to capture! Maybe we can work something out.

Jake, of course, would love to have a boy, and I've always hoped for a girl, so we'll see what we have. Jake's already put in a request that, if it's a boy, he wants to paint a mural of a concrete plant on the wall in the nursery. I said that was fine with me. It could make for a very cute little boy's room. We've had some names kind of picked out, but I think we might be changing our minds on some of them, so for right now, that's still up in the air, too.

Overall, though, things are good! Lots of changes in the very near future! Of course, I won't be making my 30 pound weight loss goal for the year, but that's ok. There's always next year.

1 comment:

  1. Your baby is currently the size of a blueberry! (I keep up size comparisons at thebump.com)

    I didn't have "morning sickness" as most people think. After about 8 weeks I was just generally slightly nauseous and heartburny and tired. The only times I actually vomited was when I had food poisoning during my 11th week. Ick!

    I highly recommend a large bookcase. Our baby-to-be's room is also where we store all of our art supplies, books, business things (jewelry, vintage items) and more. We have the ikea Expedit 6 foot square bookcase and it holds pretty much everything in the world. We got smart and bought 13" x 13" boxes for 15 of the squares so that you don't see the books and other junk and also so she can't go grabbing stuff when she starts to crawl. Highly recommended!

    Congrats to you and jake!!

    ReplyDelete