Thursday, July 22, 2010

The long awaited pregnancy update

The time has come for a pregnancy update, I suppose. I've just been so busy for the last few weeks that I haven't updated anything. I'm officially 14 weeks, 3 days now. Starting to show a little bit in the lower abdominal area, and when I press on my skin, I can feel my uterus under there. I went upstairs on Tuesday and got a new ultrasound since we hadn't had one in so long, and we were hoping that we could see the gender. However, it would figure that my little child is uncooperative. The feet were in an area that didn't have a lot of fluid, so we couldn't get in there to see what it was. We did get some good pictures of fingers and toes and even a face shot, and in two weeks, I'm going to go back upstairs and see what we can see.

We're still working on names. I have a boy name that I really like, but we haven't agreed on it yet. And we're still working on the girl middle name, though I think we could settle on that pretty easily. I'm just excited to find out what it is so that I know the little baby's name that's growing inside me!!

Pregnancy symptoms have gotten a lot better. The nausea is starting to ease off some, though I did have a bad bout of morning sickness Monday morning. Or maybe it was something to do with the Mexican food I ate at a baby shower the night before, I don't know. Either way, it was no bueno. I'm still tired a lot, and I end up taking a brief nap, maybe 20 minutes or so, most mornings before work. Haven't had too many cravings, though I eat a ton of fruit and drink lots of ice water. As pregnancy cravings go, I think those are pretty good. Overall, I think I've lost about 5 pounds since I got pregnant, though I know that number will start changing soon. Still doing well with the caffeine free life, though sometimes I really want to drink a big coke or something. I did buy some decaf tea bags at the store, so at least I can have some caffeine free sweet tea at home.

As soon as we know gender, we can start preparing things. We've looked at cribs and swings and things at the store, but I don't want to fall in love with anything until I know if we're having a boy or girl. I'd had to fall in love with a cute pink ruffle-y set, and then have to make my little boy sleep in a pink crib. :o)

So that's the update, for those out there that were missing me. I'm going to try and keep this blog updated more frequently, and perhaps I can take some pictures of the scans that I got this week. Now, off to do some laundry and perhaps lay down briefly.

1 comment:

  1. i was thinking about it the other day and i think i might be highly sketched out by pregnancy once it happens to me, especially with you talking about feeling your uterus. that just gives me the willies. i've always been weird about my stomach and stomach pains and then to think about movements inside of my stomach and i just dont like my stomach to be touched and oh goodness i dont know how ill stand it. and yet i still would very much like to be pregnant and have a kid someday.

    also you do look thinner in the pictures i've seen even with your growing baby belly

    ReplyDelete