Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

Christmas Eve. This is our last Christmas as a two-person family. Next year, Julie will be here and we'll be celebrating in a whole new way. I'm so looking forward to that, and to seeing Christmas through my child's eyes. This year, we're just staying home and having a nice quiet celebration. We went to the Christmas Eve service at church tonight, and now we're at Jake's parents' house, where we ate dinner and are now watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. We're planning to open some gifts tonight, and tomorrow we'll open the rest with his parents and have Christmas dinner.

Next week, I only work on Wednesday (orientation day, so I couldn't get off) and Molly will be here visiting. Should be a good, relaxing time. Then two more weeks of work, theoretically, and Julie will be here and I'll be on maternity leave!! I can't believe we're almost to that already! Exciting things are happening in the next few weeks around the Romancky household...

One picture for the road (more to follow as we do presents, I'm sure...):
Our tree and stockings

No comments:

Post a Comment