Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Strep test is positive, so it looks like there will be a round of penicillin in my future during labor. Anything to protect the baby! Good news is that things are looking well. I only gained 0.4 lbs this week, so I'm up to 16.5 for the entire pregnancy. Not too bad for 36+ weeks! Not dilated at all yet, but she said my cervix is soft, so I guess that's good. They don't seem to think that I'll deliver too early, but I just hope that Julie's not late. Jake's sister and her family are coming down the week of the due date, and I want them to be able to see Julie while they're here! They won't let me go more than 41 weeks, though, so that's good. Makes me feel better about setting the date for my maternity leave. At worst, I'll only waste one week at home before Julie's here.

They started pumping our house this week. (We have a sinkhole, in case I never mentioned it.) It's not going so well. After yesterday's pumping, we have a bunch of new cracks inside in the drywall. Can still hear popping and cracking, so if it gets any worse, we'll head out of here and sleep somewhere else until they finish...if they finish. There's still a possibility that the insurance company will call the whole job off and we'll end up having to move. I'm ok with either outcome, but moving certainly wouldn't be convenient right now! Cross your fingers and pray for the whole situation!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing so good! You are a great Mooma already :)
    But this time I already had my baby! Also I had gained a total of 60lbs! Insane, I know. Baby dropped two months early and she made me blow up like a balloon. It was super uncomfortable and I'm glad you aren't going through that! It was all water weight and water retention and it all fell off fast but still. It was the worst. Why do I feel the need to say this stuff I don't know.

    I can't wait to see her face and Norelei is excited too!

    ReplyDelete