It's Friday. Weigh-in day. I know I didn't make my 2 pound goal, but hopefully I lost at least something. *crosses fingers* I can always recommit to try for 2 pounds this coming week.
It's also dress down day at work. I love wearing jeans!! It almost seems like the day goes smoother (more smoothly?) when I'm in jeans. Or maybe that's because there aren't that many students on campus and so there are less people in and out of my office and I can get more paperwork done. It's not that I don't like meeting with students, don't get me wrong. But it's just like I was telling someone yesterday, what I really adore is the behind the scenes stuff--the report reconciliation, the "forensic financial aid", if you will.
Speaking of which, I realized yesterday how much I really love accounting. One of the people from our corporate office was on campus to do a seminar with the students about financial success (which was enjoyable in itself!!), and we were talking afterwards about how she's taking an accounting class online and she's having some issues. I told her that I have a degree in accounting, and she asked me to look over her homework. So of course I did! And I loved it. Absolutely loved it. We looked over journal entries, and I explained how to correct the entries that she didn't have right. I told her how much I loved what we were looking at, and how I could do it for hours. She told me I was sick. :o)
I'm thirsty.
15 years ago


Andrew's gone back to school for an accounting degree now... I remember you telling me several times how much you loved it. I agree. Sick.
ReplyDelete