.jpg)
Today is our second anniversary. I can't believe how time has flown and things have changed. In the past two years, I've moved from Tennessee to Michigan to Florida. I've moved from my parents' house to a rental house to another rental house to the first home that we purchased ourselves. I've gone from one car (my 02 Ford Escort) to another car (my 05 Chevy Impala) to my first ever new car (10 Ford Fusion). We've gone from living an hour from Jake's parents to having them move in with us to having them move out to having them move back in to having them move out again. Things have definitely changed a lot for us, but God has blessed us immensely in the time we've been married.
To celebrate our second anniversary, we decided to go to Disney again. (We also went for our first anniversary.) But because we didn't know if Jake would have to work or not, we couldn't make reservations ahead of time. So when we both got home from work on Friday, we called the reservation line and told them we wanted to check in that night. I think the lady on the phone thought we were silly calling two hours before we wanted to be there. But it all worked out. We ended up at the Animal Kingdom Lodge with a room overlooking the savanna. Very nice room, but the first night, there weren't any animals out there. I would have been mad if we didn't see any at all, but luckily they came out around 5 pm on Saturday. Jake is convinced that the Disney people send the animals out to wander around the savanna when they know the guests will be in their rooms, and maybe that's true. But if so, who cares? As long as I see a giraffe or a zebra or a wildebeest or something, I'll know I didn't spend my money in vain.
So Saturday morning, we ended up going to the Animal Kingdom park all day. (I don't know that we intended to have an animal-themed weekend, but that's the way it ended up.) It was cold and rainy, but by lunchtime, the rain stopped and it actually ended up being pleasant. Because of the rain, there weren't that many people in the park, so we didn't have to wait to get into any of the shows or anything. Definitely good. Because we're Florida residents, we were able to get 4-day passes for only $20 more than a regular one-day pass, so maybe when we go back, we'll have prettier weather. Even if we only use one more day of our pass, we've saved money. And nothing's bad about that.
Saturday night, we went to Don Pablo's for dinner. Sunday morning, we ate at the Boma restaurant in our hotel for breakfast. We're all about good eatin'. And last night, we watched "The Notebook". Sobfest for me. Not even a tear for Jake. :o/
Not to worry, though. It wasn't an entire weekend of romance and good food. When we got back home, we had to go grocery shopping. Bring ourselves back to the real world. And this morning, when the alarm went off at 3:45, the real world slapped us in the face. Time to get back to work.
It's been a wonderful two years, though. I can't wait for the many more that I pray God allows us. He's blessed us beyond anything I could have imagined.


Oh my gosh tell me more details about the lodge!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And everything you did in Animal Kingdom!!!!!!! I want to hear it all!!!!!!
ReplyDeletelol and also.... how weird is it that we've celebrated our 2nd anniversaries already!!! I mean remember us 5 years ago, longing for marriage, feeling like it would never happen... hahahaha.
Happy Anniversary!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you're on blogspot too. Now I just might start updating mine more. I still have LJ, but have migrated onto other blogs :)
Anywhoo, glad I found you again!!! :)