
Since today is Jake's birthday, I thought I'd do a post dedicated to him. So here are 5 things that I've learned from being married to him. :o)
1. He's very methodical. When he gets ready in the mornings, he almost always does the exact same thing in the exact same order. Put on the pants, put on the belt, buckle the belt, put on the pump clip, put on the phone clip, clip in pump and phone, put keys in pocket, put on shirt, unbuckle belt, tuck in shirt, rebuckle belt, etc etc etc. I guess it works for him, because very rarely does he ever forget anything, whereas when I get ready in the mornings, I'm sometimes running around like a crazy woman and very rarely do the same thing in the same order.
2. He doesn't care about TV. He calls me "Queen of the Remote"--but that's only because he MAKES me be that! I can't think of one single show that he watches with any regularity, other than perhaps the news at night. I love the DVR to watch my favorite shows (yay no commercials!), but Jake wouldn't mind if the cable was cut off for good.
3. He'll eat just about anything. Probably typical for a lot of guys. One food he doesn't really care for, though? Pot roast. Not that he won't eat it, but he doesn't really like it much. (Yum. Pot roast...)
4. He can fix anything. I can't look at a broken toilet and know where to begin, other than the Yellow Pages, but Jake can look at it and figure out exactly what's wrong and how to fix it. Same goes for electrical issues, appliance issues, anything you can think of.
5. He and his dad are best friends. I don't think there's anyone on the planet that he'd rather spend time with. They can talk about anything under the sun, and most of the time, they do. Frequently, though, it's work related. They both have a love for concrete that, no matter how many years we're married, I'll never fully understand.
Happy birthday, Jake!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment