Monday, March 29, 2010

Goals: 30/30 for 2010

So on Friday, I decided to make some goals for 2010. Belated New Year's Resolutions, if you will. And my goals are this: 30/30. I want to read 30 books in 2010, and lose 30 pounds. As of Friday, I was at 8/5.8. Based on that, it looks like the books are right on track, but the weight loss is a little on the slow side. I need to pick that up.

Books can only count if they're chapter books. I decided I couldn't read a little kid book and make it count for this purpose. If I could, I could hit 30 books in one day. :o) So far, I've read New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn (all for the second time), Could I Have This Dance?, It Had To Be You, and the Mortal Instruments series: City of Bones, City of Ashes, and City of Glass. I started another book this weekend, but I'm only a few pages into it, and a lady at work is supposed to lend me the Hunger Games today, so I may skip to that and come back to the one I started this weekend. On the list I made for books I read in 2009, I came up with 27 (I think), but I know I'm missing some. I think 30 is realistic for 2010.

Every Friday we weigh in at work. (Not mandatory, just three or four of us that are interested.) And this past Friday, I met my smaller goal of 2 pounds in a week!! In fact, I was at 2.8 for the week!! I thought maybe it was a fluke, that the scale was broken, but I weighed myself on the Wii this morning, and it was within a half pound of Friday's weight, so I suppose it's right. Yay! I just need to spend more time watching what and how much I eat, and getting in lots more exercise. Lack of exercise is probably my biggest problem.

So, 30/30 is the goal. I'll keep posting updates. Even though only posting my results doesn't force me to do anything, I feel some sort of accountability knowing that other people will be seeing my update. :o) Keeps me on my toes. Now, off to work out.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you and your goals. I will definitely be praying for you as you continue to work on them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great goals - challenging yet doable!

    ReplyDelete